Today we bring you the Top 11 Powder Ski Hills in North America (Based on average snow fall). Given that it is an El Nina season, most of these averages are sure to be obliterated this year!
1. Mt. Baker, WA – 665 inches (1664cm) – Mt. Baker received 1,140 inches (29 meters!) of snow during the 98-99 season, a World Record for the most snowfall ever recorded in a single winter anywhere on Earth.
2. Snowbird, UT and Alta, UT - 500 inches (1270cm)
3. Grand Targhee, WY - 500 inches (1270cm)
4. Solitude, UT and Brighton, UT - 480 inches (1219cm)
5. Whitewater, BC – 472 inches (1200cm)
6. Jackson Hole, WY - 450 inches (1143cm)
7. Whistler Blackcomb, BC – 404 inches (1025cm)
8. Mt. Washington, BC – 413 inches (1050cm)
9. Park City Area, UT—Deer Valley, The Canyons, Park City Mountain Resort - 360 inches (915cm)
10. Sunshine Village, AB, Canada - 370 inches (940cm)
11. Castle Mountain, BC, Canada - 358 inches (910cm)
Even though Revelstoke has only been a full-out resort for the past few years, to the locals, it is one of the most legendary powder spots in the world (Averaging between 1200-1400cm per year). In this special addition we pay tribute to Revelstoke and it's amazingly beautiful, Rocky Mountain, champaign powder. This one's for you Biornus!