But that;s not all... there will also be a dance competition open to the public!
The Canadian Performing Arts Foundation is proud to announce its first annual Dance Competition in Edmonton, Alberta, May 15-19th, 2013.
Dancers and studios wishing to participate in this year’s inaugural event must register at www.CPAF.ca no later than April 1st, 2013, with an early bird discount deadline of February 4th, 2013.
This competition is open to the public from 9am-9pm daily. There will be over 1000 dance routines from across Canada all vying for thousands in scholarships and the chance to meet Stacey Tookey.
Starting at 1pm on Sunday the top dance routines from the weeklong event will compete in an intense dance off with thousands of dollars at stake. Immediately following, choreographers from across Canada will compete in CPAF’s Choreographer Battle, judged by Edmonton’s own Stacey Tookey. Tickets are available at the door for only $10 for the 1-4pm showcases.
From 5-7pm enjoy the awards and gala celebration as Stacey Tookey is inducted into the Canadian Choreographers Hall of Fame. Tapas and refreshment to be served alongside live entertainment as the arts community celebrates the 1st Annual CPAF dance competition and gala event. Tickets are available at the door for $20.
Practicing dance professionals that meet the criteria are invited to visit the CPAF.ca to become a member of the Canadian Choreographers Guild. The Guild is dedicated to honoring excellence in the Canadian Performing Arts industry, by creating an endowment fund to support Canadians in the global Performing Arts and Entertainment industry. All funds raised at this event will be allocated to the CPAF Fund.
For more information about the CPAF Dance Competition please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT: First Annual Canadian Performing Arts Foundation Dance Competition held at the John L Haar Theatre at MacEwan University Centre for the Arts and Communication, in Edmonton Alberta.
- In addition to the youth dance competition, there will be a celebrity-gala where Stacey Tookey will be inducted into the CPAF Choreographers Hall of Fame. Media are asked to contact CPAF for event credential and are welcomed to the gala. Our president, Donna Burridge, and Stacey Tookey will be available for a limited amount of interviews please contact us to reserve your tickets.
- Please contact Stephanie Weir to schedule interviews that week at 1 780 906 4101
WHEN: May 15-19 at the John L. Haar Theater at the MacEwan University.
WHERE: The John L. Haar Theater at: MacEwan University Centre for the Arts and Communications 10045-156st, Edmonton AB T5P 2P7.
TIMING: Competition -May 15-19th, 9am-9pm each day
Gala Celebration -May 19th, from 7-9pm
- 1000 Canadian youth dancers representing official dance studios from across Canada.
- Honored guest judge Stacey Tookey, Edmonton native, and star choreographer from So You Think You Can Dance.
- The General Public is welcome to view the competition for only $10 per day or at a discounted week pass for $40 or less depending on the day of purchase.
- Dancers must register before April 1st, 2013 as part of a registered Canadian dance studio